Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Thus Far!


Well, it all started with a little trip to India. (Or Cedar City) I wish I could express how lucky I was to experience such an amazing culture with all of its traditions. Pearl and I took a shuttle to Cedar and got to hang out with our favorite roomie :) We definitely ate tons of Indian food, danced with the greatest of Punjabi's, and became well educated and enlightened on the Punjabi religion. Her family was so sweet and welcoming. My favorite part was probably the dancing! (Or sucking in helium with Sammi) I miss Rakul so much and I wish she could be with us all of the time, but I know she is kicking butt at school. 


Did I mention that Pearly White has been my lovely roommate for part of this summer? It has really been too great. We do things like.. dick around at Walmart, drink energy drinks, talk to cats, go for morning walks in the rain with mah boys, have late night chats/nail painting with my little sisters, How I Met Your Mother Marathons, Candy Bar games, making our very own Butterbeer (IloveyouRon), hiking with Dan, watching great movies, and just talking until all hours of the night. She really does save my life. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have her to talk to! <3 


Summer also meant saying goodbye to Elder Hilton. I already know that Nick is doing so swell on his mission! I had the honor of singing at his farewell with Ivy. At first, I was totally nervous and my voice was shaking... then Ivy grabbed my hand and held it the whole time :) I'm so glad she was there for me. TRUE FRIEND RIGHT THUURRR. I already miss ya, Nick. I know you're doing great things. 


Who the heck is that classy biznitch driving that car? Like an adult? 
OH. 
IT'S. 
ME. 
Yeah, I know. Hard to believe.. isn't it? I've had my license for about one week. Since then I've only missed 3 stop signs, and ran 2 red lights. Woops. I sure do hope mother isn't reading :/ 


Look at my Kenny Bear :) 
I seriously am so proud of him. I made a trip to Vegas with Kiersten and Joe to go to Kenyon's mission farewell. His talk was so great! I honestly am having a hard time already. There are so many moments when I want to whip out my phone and text him! When I arrived at his house, I was greeted by his amazing mother. We all had dinner together, and I got to meet Kenyon's father and HIS BAND. Yeah, band. They're called "Mid Life Crisis" They sing anything from The Beatles to Owl City. I know what you're thinking... a bunch of old guys rocking out in a basement? Here's the thing.. they're wayyy good! Also, they let me sing a Beatles song with them! It was so fun. Then they had Kenyon and me sing together! It was so nice to sing one last time with him. We visited the strip, and saw the Bellagio fountains.. (Best part of Vegas) I also had such a great time with Kenyon's siblings and family friends, Ashely and Carlos. We giggled and embarrassed Kenyon in front of the woman he was trying to impress. My dearest friend Joseph Hyde Stoddard was on Lortab the entire time.. so that sure made for some good times. He was chanting things like.. "When I say Loro, you say Tab.. LORO TAB LORO TAB. hahha. He cracked me up so much. And to be quite honest.. I fell in love with Ken's family :) They are a fabulous bunch of people. Saying goodbye was more than heartbreaking. I know Kenyon is going to be a great missionary. Did I mention I got to see my beautiful girl Debra? I always always love talking to her. She just gets it. 


I also attended PRIDE FESTIVAL in SLC with Allison, Pearl, Weston, Dan, Moses and Kyle. It was sooo great seeing all the people that came to support! I saw a father holding a sign in the parade that said.. "I'm proud of my gay son.." It nearly brought me to tears. WOOO. I've been having endless amounts of good times with Garett, Allison, Moses, Dan, and Campbell! We play curses and laugh reallllyyyy hard. 

MOVIE OF THE SUMMER: Super 8. If you haven't seen it, do it. It has every great quality that a movie should have. I laughed, I cried, I loved it. 

1 comment:

  1. Ka!!! Sounds like you're having a lovely summer so far. I still need to come see you working at Jamba this summer some time :)
    Just so you know, I freaking love How I Met Your Mother. Such a great show!
    And butterbeer. Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete