Sunday, September 26, 2010

Singletones

Currently, I am listening to "Ottoman" by Vampire Weekend. Pandora is a fabulous thing. Basically, this weekend was fun in it's own interesting way.  Friday, I met a girl from Wisconsin in my Diversity class.  She had one classy accent.  I was quite jealous.  Followed by a two hour lunch with Scott, Kenyon and Rakul.  Later that evening, most of my LDS friends here went to an Institute dance... Scott was coaching.. Rakul was home for the weekend. It was SO depressing studying in my room alone. I decided to fix this problem.  I went up to the Juniper lobby with my Comm 1010 book and started reading. About five minutes into reading, I was passed out... practically drooling all over my reading material.  Eventually.. some girl I don't even know, woke me up and asked me if I was okay.  I decided I should probably stop sleeping in the lobby ALL the time. After nap time, it was time for a jammin' out sesh with Pearl May White.  We sang "Dreams" by The Cranberries with some wicked harmony! Eventually... Pearl..Kelly...Carly and I sat in the second floor of the Juniper lobby... and complained about boys. It was fantastic! We also started singing to every boy that walked into the building. 2:30 am came quickly, so Pearl and I decided to end the night with a movie.  Kenyon came to our room at 3:30 am ish.  We had a great talk until about 7:00 am. We decided to walk to the dining hall for breakfast.  It was closed. So we had cereal in Kenyon's room and watched some hilarious youtube vids.  This is what I love about college... :) Staying up until sunrise... eating cereal.. and laughing until you cry with AMAZING people. Pearl decided that she would use every towel... jacket... and robe that Rakul and I had, to cover up the window so we could sleep with absolutely no sunlight. We woke up at 4:00 pm! So by then, it was almost Saturday night! I went to the lobby of Juniper and noticed that Fransisco, Scott, Amanda and Russell were watching Pokemon.  So I decided to join in the fun! I pretty much cried when I saw Pikachu fighting for his life. Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon.  What's yours?  Afterwords, I had dinner with my new friend Russell/Rustle. I'm not sure how he spells it.. because on facebook it is spelled Rustle.. but I feel like that might be a joke. Anyway, I went to bingo night after a good looking tall man somewhat harassed me into going.  I actually didn't play! Afterwords, I watched about 12 guys play super smash bros in the loft.  It was so hilarious :) Kenyon, Pearl, Kelly, Skankey, Ruth and I watched Coroline. It is such a fantastic film!  Fransisco, Scott and I stayed up until 4:00 am talking about relationships and things.  Rakul came home about 30 mins. ago and brought me unfrosted strawberry pop tarts yay! It was quite a swell weekend :) 

1 comment:

  1. I miss you and I want to be mentioned in your blog at some point. Please get in my life. It is ridonkulous that we live 5 minutes away from each other and never see each other. Pathetic. Let's change that shall we?

    ReplyDelete