Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Life of a Sparkling College Kid.

^ Say Anything. 
This is a movie that I just watched. 
MOVIE REVIEW TIME: 
Lets see.. Any movie with John Cusack is an audience pleaser. 
I am completely aware that many people dislike romantic comedies. Why? They give us false hope. They make us think there are a million mature men out there. Just waiting to absolutely sweep us off our feet. And take us to a castle far away? I like them. Love stories are the best kind :) 
However, this rom com is completely realistic. I usually don't mind if movies are realistic or not. I personally go to movies/tv for entertainment. Or to escape from my life for a little while. So why would I want them to be realistic all the time? Something I loved about Say Anything, SPOILER ALERT: They get together in the end. (Of course..) BUT there were no cheesy/unrealistic moments. The ending was simple and beautiful. Lloyd and Diane are this unique couple. They just make it work. Call me crazy, but I think it's as simple as that. Anything can happen if you let it. Lloyd is a typical boy who goes for a girl who seems to be out of his league. Sometimes Lloyd rambles on and on about anything. It's super endearing. Lloyd is such a genuine character! The importance? They balance each other out. My favorite scene: He is walking her back to her house and he moves away some broken glass on the sidewalk with his foot. Just so she won't walk in it. That is so simple. And tender. Good job :) 80's movies just get me. After the movie was over, I didn't say to myself.. "Oh. I wish I had something like that.." This is how I know it is a great film. 


Lately, I have had this incredible urge to get out. Out of Cedar City. Out of Utah. Out of my own thoughts.  It's amazing how you can seriously make yourself go crazy sometimes. Today, Pearl and I had an amazing conversation. We talked about differences in personalities. Pearl has so many qualities that I wish I had :) 

^ Superheros. Obviously. 
ATTENTION: I don't have a favorite Superhero. I want one. Why? I went to Pearl's english class today. It's about Superhero's! Her entire class is full of extremely attractive nerd boys. When they talk.. it just gets me right off. I honestly wish I had the intelligence to keep up a conversation about Superhero's or something. Her professor is an absolute gem. He has perfect comedic timing, and occasionally will sniff the white board marker. (For his own enjoyment)
I decided I want my husband to be intelligent. It is definitely the most attractive feature a human can possess. As long as he doesn't make me feel way dumb. And when he explains things to me, he'll think i'm adorable. Or something. 

^ Hawt. 
Over Spring Break I had the pleasure of seeing "The Diary of Anne Frank" At Bonneville High School. The cast/crew/directors worked SO hard. It showed. Jared Waite was my favorite. He captured the soul of Peter SO well. The most beautiful moment: Anne was being annoying, so Peter's mother yells at Anne, which makes her upset and want to run upstairs. On her way running upstairs, Peter reaches out his hand as she runs past him. It sounds simple, but that moment sent chills right down my spine. There are moments. Moments of good, honest, genuine acting. Ones that you knew that actor was so into his character, that he made that beautiful choice all on his own :) As Maria, "Anne" gave her monologue I noticed something. There were tears in her eyes. REAL tears. YEAH GURL! I get so jazzed by good acting. 

^ Me. Still having fun at college. 
I still have a beautiful, high fashioned Indian Roommate. I still have a dirty room. I still eat at the dining hall everyday. NOT BY CHOICE. I still go visit Kenyon Anderson almost everyday and he makes me feel like I just ate a giant, happy rainbow. I still piss myself of laughter because I'm surrounded by hilarious, loving people. I still accidentally sleep in sometimes and miss class. I still give housing tours. I'm still a beast of the night. 
Mostly.. I'm still lucky. And ever so grateful :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment