Monday, October 25, 2010

Just Like a Waving Flag.



This weekend was almost perfect :) Friday: I had a lovely evening with Karly Tingey. We may or may not have watched 3 hours of Lady GaGa and scary movie trailers online. Followed by Off The Cuff. Which is always hilarious :) I envy the talent of improv actors so much! It is unbelievable what they can come up with, on the spot. They are so intelligent! I have always wanted to try improv. I wish I were more fearless. In many aspects of my life. Lets see, after improv... we went to Dennys. I'll never stop going there, obviously. Blog, I didn't have a fried cheese melt. Karly and I had hot chocolate and talked for a long time. Nick and Ike eventually showed up! Ike left his phone on the highway somewhere... after Dennys, we watched The Exorcist in Karly's room with her adorable roommate. Holy wow. I've never been so scared in my life. And I STILL am. Such disturbing images. Probably the most terrifying film I have ever seen. Ever. Okay, so after that.. I slept for about a total of 12 minutes.. then it was time to wake up and head to Vegas! You can only imagine my exhaustion. I slept in the car, off and on. Once we reached St. Geezy, we hit up In-n-Out Burger omg-yum. with GARETT W. SMITH. He decided to spontaneously come with us to Vegas! We listened and talked about music... and eventually.. we were in Vegas! The Bite Of Las Vegas, that is. There is a bunch of food and bands play! We met up with Kenyon and his friends. I really liked all of his friends so much! Vegas was awesome. There was lots of gross people, a giant blow up cow, smoothies AND amazing artists singing. First, we saw The Plain White T's.

Ohhey. Look. They are in PLAIN WHITE T'S. lolz. 

They had fantastic stage presence. I think an artist definitely needs that to be an all around fantastic performer! The lead singer was kind of a babe. Nick knew I would think he was cute... 
Okay, so after Plain White T's... we saw K'naan! The guitarist was a beautiful man. K'naan was extremely talented. I found myself dancing to his music.. UNCONTROLLABLY. I didn't even want to dance. I just did. I noticed that when he sang that popular song of his.. the waving flag one.. everyone in the crowd was SO happy. I saw every single person smiling and looking at each other.. and just loving all of it. K'naan even says.. "LOVE IS THE ANSWER" I completely agree. To see everyone's happy smiling faces was so great. It was just a feeling of total happiness. I forgot about all of the negativity in this world and within our relationships, and just had a completely fantastic time. I wanted to put my arm around every single person that was there and just love them all. Okay, so after K'naan.. Sara Bareilles decided to grace us with her presence. She was singing SO well. She played the piano like a boss, sang extremely beautifully AND had so much stage presence. She looked at the audience and smiled at us the whole time. She is such an inspiration to me. Some of my long term goals, are to play the piano... AND learn a second language. Preferably Spanish. So I can speak to my beautiful cousins. Speaking of which... 






Check out those babes :) i'm probably the luckiest cousin in the entire world. Children are so loving and interesting. Sometimes, I think they are much more intelligent than adults, based on the things they observe. My cousins are so cute :) I can't wait to have my own children one day. Actually, I can. 

Back to my weekend... After Sara, we went to McDonald's. I was not too happy about that. Followed by walking along THE LAS VEGAS STRIP. It was so amazing. I was texting Shane and freaking out! Just because it is so beautiful and interesting. I seriously like Vegas a lot. Shane Brant is my favorite thing about Vegas. I really enjoy big cities. I want to live in one someday :) 


I think I saw this fountain show ^
It was legit. 

Another good thing about Vegas, there was a Peter Lik photography gallery of his photos. The photos were SO beautiful. I really like observing art. There was a wonderful picture of Greece.. where I hope to go someday. And.. a photo of Central Park, which changed as soon as you adjusted the lighting. You could see the park at night, sunset, morning or afternoon.. JUST by changing the lighting. Peter Lik is amazing. Here is an example of his work. But in real life, it is ten times more beautiful and almost hard to believe it is real. 

beautiful :) 

There are sooo many fancy, expensive stores in Vegas. I love to just admire them from afar. I knew Rakul would seriously love it. I love how girly and fashionable she is. I felt good enough to go into the Apple store.. which is where this photo was taken. 


cutenick :) 

Okay, so once we drove all the way back to Cedar, (Thank you Carls and Kellie for driving... you both are amazing) I pretty much passed out right in my bed. I woke up at 12:00, which is a responsibly good hour for me on a weekend. I didn't do anything all morning. Eventually, I got in the shower. I only stayed in my towel afterwords for about 12 minutes. NEW RECORD! I had some quality time with Rakul and Gabi.. when all the sudden... I felt nauseous. I got semi-sick for an hour. Francisco decided to stay in my room and take care of me until I was feeling better. Rakul and Gabi got me Gatoraid AND soup. I'm so lucky to be taken care of :) Fran was so nice. He always makes sure I'm doing okay.


^ Oh that Fran!

I decided to take a nap, when suddenly, I was awakened by the infamous Supershane! He asked me to help him carry some things to his room, so I did. Guess where we went after? Don't say it Katerblossom... OKAY we went to Dennys. And boy was that a bad choice. I hardly touched my food. haha. I guess I was still feeling a little sick. But oh, wait. Did I shove my face in a cake about an hour later? Youbetcha. We'll get to that eventually.. ;) 

While we were at Dennys, Shane and I heard a familiar tune.. but we didn't know who the artist was! I called Mom right away. I knew she would just know. I love you mom. It was "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon. I like going to Dennys with Shane. It is my peaceful time. Actually, anytime spent with Shane is rather peaceful. ThanksShaner!
Okay, after Dennys.. KENNY BEAR came to my room and I was quite relieved to know he was home safe from Vegas. We had some alone time and had a good talk. He always listens. Thank you, Kenyon :) 

We are to the cake part of my blog now... WOW! It was pretty much perfect. Rakul went and purchased a huge chocolate cake. As soon as she opened it... Rakul, Scott, Fran, Kenyon, Carly, Russell, Shane and I grabbed spoons, and ATTACKED that freaking cake. I think there was a moment when I ate it without a spoon? Like maybe just with my mouth? To the cake? Anyway, the cake was mostly gone in about 3 minutes. We passed around a half gallon of milk.. ha. Shane tried to drink some and failed miserably. We were all laughing hysterically and trying to keep quiet hours. I wish Nick and Ike could have witnessed this moment, just so they could see what Juniper really is. 8 people in one tiny room attacking a huge cake. PERFECT way to end my night. Now, I will wait for my laundry to be done, in that oh so sketchy Juniper laundry room. 

Apparently my best friend Samm back at home, has a boyfriend. I love that. And i miss her. 

Check out my parents when they were young hipsters.. and the twins. I love this photo. I listened to Bruce Springsteen today and thought of my Papa <3 


ILOVEYOU. 

3 comments:

  1. i seriously love this blog! (i just said this out loud) haha. but omg it was so fun eating the cake n you and the closet! tonight was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaahaha Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I pretty much stayed in the closet all night. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you the one taking the picture of your parents and the twins? haha I love you.. But I always love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete