Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Silent Library. Wait what?





Okay folks that read my blog.. here we go!  I haven't blogged in awhile.. I have missed it terribly!  These past couple of days have been quite epic, I must say.  Where to begin.... Okay.. Friday night, we made a great walk to Dennys.  I got another fried cheese melt.  This cheese melt madness really needs to stop.  I seriously purchase one every time because it is so cheap and delicious.  Just cheese.  It's whatever.  Shane got really embarrassed at Dennys because he somewhat hit on a good looking waitress.  I have never seen him so embarrassed.  You could say it was really adorable.  On the way home, we were talking about our first kiss.  Kenyon's story is the best :) He is quite the romantic.  We watched The Ring and everyone got wicked scared!  I just got on facebook and cried some more over the brutal discussion taking place on my wall post.  I decided I'm not going to talk about it anymore.  I did what I thought was right, while respecting others opinions.. and that is all that matters.  The next day, I was awakened by Kenyon and Scott pounding on my window, asking me to go to breakfast.  We decided to go, and noticed our entire campus was infested with drama geeks from high school! (I can say that because I am one....) We all fell asleep to a movie afterwords.  I started cleaning and for some reason, it made Scott extremely nervous.  My family came to pick me up for St. George, and we had a great conversation on the way down.  It was so nice to be with my family!  I love and admire my little sisters SO much.  On our way to Virgin Utah.. aka Sketch City, we passed a bunch of huge houses.  We assumed we were in a polygamy infested area, as I made jokes about catching my very own polygamist one day.  You know, with a net.  That is such a terrible thing to joke about!  We had a great dinner in this nice house rental place.  The only annoyance was that random wild cats would just jump in the window all the time.  Ha!  That evening, my PaPa drove me down to St. Geezy.  I attended the Dixie State Homecoming dance.  I'm not trying to diss on Dixie, but there was so many trashy people freaking out on the dance floor.  It was so entertaining and disturbing all at the same time.  Garett and I kept it WAY classy.  There was even a tribute Beatles band!  You know that I pretty much ate that up.  I even snuck a picture with them! (See above) Garett and I decided to be TRUE REBELS.  But wait, I'm a T-Bird.  Just don't tell.  Ha.  So after the dance, Garett and I walked into the Dixie fountain... and at midnight we shared a kiss.  Strangely, there was no awkward!  Just because we are best friends and neither of us felt anything.  It was hilarious though.  And then I got some chapstick and a cool card that said I was a true Rebel.  P.S. What kind of mascot is that? Honestly... ha.  We made a trip to Maverick for some Red Bull and sour candy.. We jumped on his couch for awhile to Lady GaGa, and then he took me all the way back up to Virgin.  I fell asleep, and woke up three hours later for a six mile hike at Zions for my uncle Kenny's memorial.  We had a beautiful remembrance.  Rest In Peace Uncle Ken :) I'll love you forever!  He was such a musically talented and funny person.  I know that someday, i'll get the chance to know him even better.  I am SO lucky to have such a fantastic family.  After the hike, Maya jumped into my arms and wrapped her arms around me.  I seriously just loved that SO much.  There is no better feeling than an adorable little kid showing you every ounce of love that they have in their body.  I drove back to Cedar with Rakul and her dad.  He was trying to talk to me about the weather in Ogden. HA!  Too great.  Once we got back, in was only seconds before Fran, Rico, Christopher Lima (random but awesome) Rakul, Scott and I were catching up.  Kenyon came in and we sang a few tunes.. followed by Dennys with Shane.  The thing is, I had ANOTHER fried cheese melt.  I promise that was my last one.  My family woke me up the next morning, and I had to give them a tour around campus.  You wouldn't  think taking around your twin sisters, two cousins, mom and dad around campus would be embarrassing... but it definitely is.  It is always nice to see them :)  We left with hugs, and then I went to my classes for the day.  Little did I know, a rendezvous would be happening at the library tonight.  My pal, Carly Skankey decided to bring her coloring book to the library.  So whilst I was coloring my Cinderella photo, she noticed a cute boy sitting behind her.  He was working really hard on his computer, and had his headphones in.  He was basically just a hot mess.  Carly decided to be brave, and after much encouragement from us, she wrote on a piece of paper.. "I'm Carly, what's your name...?" She crumpled it up.. took a deep breath.. looked behind her.. and threw the note at him.  She immediately turned back around, facing me with embarrassment.  The whole situation was so hilarious.. I was laughing so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes.  I seriously could not compose myself back to a normal state... And I was at the library.  The insane laughter went on for awhile, and at one point.. I was under the table for some reason.. her and I had completely lost it.  I'm sure the guy that received the note thought we were total idiots.  The guy that hit Rakul's car and then asked her on a date was also at the library.. we were giggling so loud just because of his presence.  Typical immature girls!  Eventually, I got some work done.  I read a few chapters and made some flashcards! My face got really excited, as I noticed the boy that Carly threw the note at, approaching our table.  He asked which one of us was Carly.. and we all pointed to her.  They talked for a little while.. he introduced himself, and we all talked about our majors and stuff for a moment.  It was so cute that he came over just to see which one was Carly.  I'm sure he was pleased, because she looked smokin! And her shirt even said Skankey on it.  Where could we go wrong with that?  After library, I gave Shane the picture I colored for him.. and then I did laundry!  The night ended with some FANTASTIC conversation with Russell :) He is an extremely talented artist.  He gave me a perfect drawing of his which is now hanging on my wall.  I love my friends and family so much.  I wish Dan Lollar could have been here this weekend, and I am missing all my friends from home.  And Lucy!  But I literally am having a great time.  Thanks for whoever took the time to read this! 

2 comments:

  1. Katy you are too funny! It was great spending time with you. Sorry you were embarrassed showing us around. HA!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete