Sunday, December 19, 2010

If I Had a Boat :)

^Pontoffel Pock. 

PLEASE tell me someone watched this show when they were little? 
Megan, Camille and I were just browsing channels when we came across this joyous musical of a cartoon. All of the memories from childhood just came floodin' right back. It's about this guy who feels out of place.. so of course, he gets a magical piano that can take him anywhere. And of course, he finds romance :) I WANT A MAGIC PIANO. 
Thank you, Dr. Suess for your brilliance. Megan and Camille are watching it right now.

Being home has been SO nice. I have seen many great people that I had been missing. My days consist of.. 

1. Staying in my pajamas. 
2. Having a marathon of Parenthood or Friends. 
3. Reading The Hunger Games 
4. Playing with Lucy
5. Hunting 
^ what? 

A few nights ago, Kim Davis graced me with her presence. We went to Farrs Fresh and I tried to flirt with the guy that worked there. I failed. Megan and Camille also came along. We sat and talked for awhile next to the fire. It was Megan and Camille's birthday. We went to Red Lobster that night also. I dislike seafood.. but I stuck it out for my sisters. That's how much I love them. Dan came over as we watched PAN'S LABYRINTH. He made this awesome photo of me.. 

^ MONSTER. 
(Don't be scared) 
If you've seen the movie.. you get it. 

Then we came back and watched GLEE. And spotted Josh Brodis! 
The next day... Samantha joined us and we saw TANGLED 

^ cute. 
Overall: The movie was so excellent. I laughed.. I cried.. I felt warm inside. And out?
Easily one of my new favorites. My dream is to be the voice of a character in an animated movie. Maybe even a Princess?! 

Speaking of Princesses, I have been reading THE HUNGER GAMES. I forgot how much I absolutely adore reading. It's actually quite an excellent book. It all started when I picked it up and started reading aloud to my little sisters. I actually was making fun of how dramatic it is. With sentences like.. "I could easily shoot a rabbit in the eye so my family wouldn't starve this month" Sentences like that... I couldn't help laughing at! After the second chapter, I was pretty much hooked. Then I felt like a fool. 



^ Katniss and Peeta
or Katy and Ron.
(Characters from the book... sharing a romantic moment) 
Someone drew this. GOODJOB.


Did I mention I went to the DIRATE FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY?! I know what you're thinking.. family Christmas party.... BORING. 
WRONG. 
The minute I stepped in the house.. (7:00pm) Half the fam was a little tipsy. Or wasted? My beautiful cousin Jodee kept slipping me drinks. Then my dad got mad. haha. There was a plethora of beautiful Mexican children running around. And then.. it was time to play the Christmas Present game. 
Because i'm eighteen.. and SO mature.. I got to be in the "adult" group for presents. Most of the wrapped presents were wine or tequila or something. I could just tell. Luckily, I opened my cousin Patrick's present. A POKER SET. Which i'll use all the time. Not. So I traded for some bath and body works smelly stuff. I figured my cousin Rob could go without it. The best.. was when my father opened the present of his choosing. To his surprise, it was a pair of womens gloves and a stylish wallet to match. Oh Kit Hunter. YOU SLAY ME. Spending time with the Diarte Family is always lovely. I laughed so much :) And bonded with my fantastic cousins. Travis gave me life lessons I can carry on throughout my life. Like if a man tries to give me a certain cheap drink... I should tell him to hit the road. MY FAMILY IS AMAZING.

^ Trav and his fam. 
They are too cute. 

Did I also mention that I'm meeting ALEXIA WOOLLEY on Wednesday? (Francisco's girlfreind)
She is such a gem. I really cannot wait. She's in Utah, so why not? 
I've been working at Jamba while I've been home. It's nice. Yesterday, as I was blending drinks.. I realized how happy I was. Weird! I think I could just work there forever. I wish Garett still worked there with me. His charm and imagination always made smoothie makin' interesting :) He used to push me in shopping carts around the parking lot. We were always getting into SOME kind of trouble. 

I had my first practice drive with A1 Driving school. Lets just say that the old man instructor was a little handsy. Old people crack me up. Especially when they eat their lunch in the car.. while they're teaching you how to drive. The two boys that were observing in the back even got a little frightened by my driving. I even heard one of them say "Holy crap" under his breath. It's fine. I'll show you all. One day. 


Last night: Allie Bear, Nicholas and I took a McDonalds/Del Taco adventure with the twins. It was so fun :) I realized that FRIES ARE MY WORST ENEMY. I plan to destroy them. We watched How To Train Your Dragon. Now I want my own dragon. I'm going to name it NIGHTSHADE. 
I love spending time with my family. I do miss Cedar. I can't wait to go back and learn a bunch of cool stuff and see great people. I think of Rakul, Scott, Fran, Pearl, Gabi, Shane, Carly, Alex, Karly, Robby, Corbin and Kenyon often :) 


All of it's home.. if you ask me :) 



3 comments:

  1. I love this, Kater. I'm so excited to meet up asap! I have so much I want to talk to you about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how kenyon's last ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I love Tangled. 2. I love the Hunger Games. 3. Deviantart is great. :)

    ReplyDelete