Sunday, November 14, 2010

When The Moon Fell In Love With The Sun.

My weekend consisted of wonderful events, and people. How lucky am I? 
It started off like this: 
Thursday: (That's right. For me, the weekend begins on thursday) Rakul and I both wore sweat pants all day. SICK. 
Yes, you heard me.. RAKUL LUBANA (Sakun) <-- Real name 
WORE SWEAT PANTS ALL DAY. 

^
Whattheheck, Rakul?! 
She likes Fleet Foxes AND Mika. And she wears sweatpants. I must be rubbing off on her. 
I actually try to care what I look like now because of her. Yippy :) It goes both ways :) 

Friday: Woke up rather late, and talked up Juniper for about two hours for Distinguished Scholars Day. Woop. I wish I was a distinguished scholar! There is an individual Presidential Ambassador named Kevin Carrington. He is so kind while giving tours, and he lets me talk about University Housing. He is much appreciated :) The Juniper show room is quite classy and clean looking. 
However, that is not the case with a100 (the hall I live on) 
Why, you ask? 
We had a sewage pipe burst into the drinking fountain. 
That's right, I said it.. DRINKING FOUNTAIN. 
Pearl and I got wrapped up in our towels, and ran up to a200 to take a shower. It was kind of exciting. 
You know, it's dirty things like this that give Juniper it's certain charm. Hmm. I still love it. And it's starting to smell better, so that's great! 
After tour giving, I played some MARIO on my gameboy advance SP.
DAAS WASSSUPPPP. 


I wish mine was that color. 

Anyway, I paid a visit to Shane Brant, and then thought it was time to head to dinner. I had pasta, like I do EVERYDAY. It's fine, really. I'll eventually just turn into one giant carbohydrate. 
Dinner was fine. Afterwards, I said audios to Sakun. (Rakul) and got in the shower. DUETS IN THE SHOWER WITH PEARL MAY WHITE are my favorite time of the day. I only stayed in my towel for about 20 minutes afterwards. Good job, Katerblossom! As I got dressed, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I had on purple leg warmers, black tights, a gray skirt, black tanktop, gray sweater and white shoes. Oh, and the infamous white hat. Scott told me he found it funny how I felt insecure going out looking like Thumbelina.. yet felt completely comfortable in an interesting, awkward looking get up with leg warmers. I would just like to point out that this is Thumbelina.. 


^ Cute.
My outfit looked nothing like that. Just sayin. 
We tried to go watch Inception. It was playing for free in the ballroom, or something like that. We got there late and there wasn't enough room. I was somewhat disappointed because the score to Inception is fantastic. (Hans Zimmer) 

HOWEVER: We decided to watch LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS instead. One of my favorite movie musicals. If you aren't familiar with Little Shop, I'll simply sum it up by saying that a giant plant from outer space decides to eat people. While singing a bunch of catchy show tunes. PERFECTION. 


^ Love. 
Don't tell anyone, but it's always been my dream to work at a flower shop, and fall in love with a nerd.. and have him save me from a MAN EATING PLANT. Oh boy. Sounds like fun. 
After this movie fun, I went upstairs to hang out with Shane. We watched television. (He does that too much.) And ended up falling asleep for awhile. I came back downstairs to find Pearl and Fran still awake! It was six am, and we were leaving for St. George in an hour. I hurried and packed all my things, and Pearl, Kellie and I headed to ST. GEEZY. The temperature change was quite rapid. The morning sun hit my face, and I actually enjoyed being embraced by the sunlight for once. I listened to PANIC AT THE DISCO the whole way down.  I believe them to be genuinely talented. Especially the album PRETTY ODD. Pearl and Kellie were going to the temple, so I just had them drop me off at Sakun (Rakul's) house. I immediately got into her bed, and slept until 4:00 pm. 
DANGIT. 
Sleeping schedule sucks. 
After we woke up, we had some good ol Indian food! Yummmmmm. 
Her mother is such a refined woman, and cook. 
We decided to hit the shops! (Yeah, I went shopping.. get over it.) And I actually had success! I got a green winter coat, a stylish plaid shirt, (dress on me) two hats, a shirt with the Mario characters on it, AND some earrings. Woops. Maybe I bought four pair. Double woops. Sakun (Rakul) brings out the shopper in me :) Yippy! 
I talked to Pearl and Kenyon, and I miss them terribly. I can't wait for Kenny Bear to come home. I miss him so much. Rakul and I had Indian noodles for dinner. INDIAN NOODLES. They are like Ramen, but better! Maybe I had too much. I had a nice phone conversation with Nicholas and Madison. I miss them all too much. 


^ SUMMER <3 

Mads is coming to Dixie next semester. That means she'll only be 45 minutes away from me. Not 4 hours! 
It's funny how Mads and I can relate in the boy department. She totally gets me. 

Rakul and I stayed in her room all night. We talked about boys, ate chips and hummus, listened to Mika, painted nails AND had quality roomie time. We needed it :) Oh. And maybe I text Shane ALL night. Ope! 
Being in India was fun this weekend. I love Raks and her family! I can't wait to go back to Cedar and see my loved ones. 
kbye! 

4 comments: