Monday, November 29, 2010

O-Town

^
Downtown Ogden. 
My home :) 

Okay, so Thanksgiving was epic. 
Coming home was so nice. It was exactly what I needed. 
My family was cracking me up the entire time. Megan and Camille are growing up so quickly. It is almost scary! My mom is so sweet and caring. Dad is awesome. And a Master Chef. Kelby, Clay and Pearl all said how welcoming my house is. That is so important to me. And I am so happy that my family adores Pearl. Having her with me this weekend was so pleasant. 
Tuesday Night: Was awakened by my boys. Played games. Saw my best friend Samantha. Shared countless laughs. 
Wednesday: Ice Skating and watching Glee with Allison. Conor fell on the ice and kind of cut my leg with his ice skate. Woops. There is only a slight bruise and a baby cut. I'm such a trooper. We went to THE PIE afterwards. The best pizza in the world. SO much reminiscing going on. 
Thursday: Thanksgiving. Was going to do homework. Didn't. Had Thanksgiving dinner with my hair stylist. She's an old family friend. It was SO fun. I talked to my whole family and shared college stories with them. It was quite fun. Dan came over. Then I went to Dennys with Tyler Thomas and Lane Harvey. Got an Oreo Blender Blaster. May or may not have seen the man of my dreams (don't know him) at Dennys. And then I saw him again at Sam's Club. WHAT THE HECK. (Haven't talked to him...) 
Friday: Picked up Pearla in SLC. Bought two slices of bread and two cans of Diet Dr. Pepper for 3.50 (unreasonable) Dan came over again. My dad even said... "OH Dan.. you're here again!" It was way funny. And Garett AND Seth. And everyone else came over. It was too fun. Loved having all my love ones together in the same room. Saturday: Went to Jamba. Got a Berried Chocolate smoothie. Eh :/
Went to Christmas Village with Dan, Moses, Pearla and Campbell. Made Whoopie Pies. (wtf) Apparently they are an east coast thing. 

I'll just tell you right now the most epic part...

It only took us about eight hours to get back to Cedar. What was the best part, you ask? (slight hyperbole) When Scott was just driving away.. I was asleep.. all of the sudden.. I was awakened by a loud noise and violent movements. The car starts spinning out of control due to the ice and snow surrounding every inch of Northern Utah.. Scott screams.. "HOLD ON KIDS.." And I start to panic and I can't catch my breath because I'm so scared. Pearl and Kelby try to grab my hands for comfort.. but I simply cannot pay them any attention. Clay holds me in his arms and tells me everything is going to be alright. As the car starts spinning even more out of control, we almost spin into the other lane of traffic! Scott spins the wheel quickly as he wipes the sweat from his forehead. Before the car slides into the snow bank.. Clay grabs my hand and tells me how much he loves me. And then.. I passed out.
This is the aftermath.. 

Holy crap, right? 

Ended the night with Dennys. Didn't get anything. Until Shane ordered a Diet Vanilla coke for me. I couldn't afford it. I am hoping classes get canceled due to the snow. Seriously, after finals.. it will be so nice to work at Jamba.. and just be home for a month. <3 

Sometimes I take my friends for granted. I wish Francisco Lopez was here. Whenever I find myself feeling left out, or dejected.. (now) I just give myself a mental slap and remind myself of how lucky I truly am. Anything can happen, if you let it. 

^
Before Rakul and I got in a car accident. 

1 comment:

  1. Katy, you are too funny. Hahah, I love you so much. And I love Ogden. And we better play over Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete